What is the best Scroll Saw on the market? It is so difficult to choose the best one while there are so many Scroll Saws are available. In here, you can find our several reviews on Scroll Saws which can help you to make the right decision.
Best Scroll Saws Reviews Of 2017
#1. Hegner Variable Speed Scroll Saw, 18″ Scroll Saw Reviews
- Double Quicklock Tensioning System
- Electronic Variable Speed Induction Motor
- Highly Precise and Reliable
- 7 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty against defects
- Recommended Stand sold separately on this site
Pros: its excellent choice for heavy duty, user-friendly, smooth, quiet, stable, precise, compact, no bounce, no lifting of the work, variable speed, 18″ throat allows you to cut larger pieces, blade changing is fast and easy, sawdust is blown away keep the cutting line clear and visible… click here to read more.
Cons: it is expensive …
#2. Excalibur Scroll Saw, 16” Best Scroll Saw
- Slightly smaller version of the 21” Excalibur scroll saw
- The unique “Tilting Head” design provides a stable platform when cutting straight or on an angle
- Changing blades is a snap – No tools required
- Excalibur TMs upper arm lift is ideal for threading the blade through fret work
- Large 12” x 18 1/2″ table surface
Pros: fast shipment, it well worth the extra money, well packed, good deal with the stand and the foot switch, came with a very good manual and several blades, fine for cutting thin wood, very intimate cuts and overall accuracy, the built in dust collection is an excellent plus… here to see more reviews.
Better known as King Industrial 16 Inch Scroll Saw, who are famous for their Excalibur product range.
Cons: it will cut thin wood well but not very thick…
#3. DEWALT DW788 Variable-Speed Scroll Saw, 20”
- Double parallel-link arm design dramatically reduces vibration and noise for extremely accurate cuts
- Exclusive tool-free blade clamps allow blade changes in seconds
- On-off switch, electronic variable speed, flexible dust blower, and blade-tensioning lever all located on front upper arm
- Arm design pivots from back of the saw to front, shortening the arm movement for smoother, quieter operation
- Arm lifts so blade can be easily threaded through the material for inside cuts
Pros: very fast shipping, best saw for the money, it makes any project a breeze, solid construction, doesn’t take up much space, easy to assemble, smooth, accurate cuts, blade changing is easy, speed adjustmen simple, little to no vibration when cutting, the table large and solid, the dust blower works well to keep the cutting area clear, it will last for years… available to buy complete with the stand here.
Cons: it is a bit more expensive but worth it…
Highly Recommended !!!
#4. Delta Power Tools 40-694 Variable Speed Scroll Saw, 20”
- Electronic variable speed can be adjusted from 400-1,750 SPM for a wide array of cutting applications
- Dual parallel link arm design reduces vibration reducing over and under cutting improving accuracy and quality
- Upper arm lifts and locks in the raised position during blade changes or while adjusting blade position for fret work
- Tool-free blade clamp allows for quick, easy blade changes in seconds
Pros: packaged well, nice and quiet, its no vibration in low, mid speed with very little, smooth running on high speed, it cuts great, heavy enough to cut up to 2-inch material, it does the job extremely well, you’ll love the locking arm, the top arm swing up and locks to give you better access to your work, the blade storage on the top, blade changes are fast, easy easy to assemble… here to read other reviews.
Cons: poor manual, some vibration at the top speed…
Highly Recommended !!!
#5. Proxxon 37090 DSH/E Scroll Saw, 15-3/4”
- Equipped with vacuum adapter for clean and dustr free work space
- Quick tension release lever for frequent inside cuts
- Comes with 5 coarse and 5 fine saw blades
Pros: great customer service, excellent price, fast shipping, its light and small, nice mid-range scroll saw, does not take up too much room, its worth every dollar, changing the blade is easy with the quick release utility, this is quiet saw and no vibration when working at the slower speeds, handled without adversity, you can make very quick precise cuts… here for more.
Cons: Not the most known brand name, except for those who know…
#6. Shop Fox W1713 Variable Speed Scroll Saw, 16”
- 1/8HP, 1-Amplifier, 110-Volt, 60Hz motor
- 16-Inch maximum cutting width
- Includes a gooseneck work light, dust blower and dust port
- Plain or pin blades
- No load speed: 550-1700 SPM
Pros: fast delivery, great value for the price, good little saw, it’s fast to set up, well made for any job requiring precision cuts, this saw is invaluable for sharp cuts, easy to load the blade, the variable speed is great, very little vibration, easy operation, it works as advertised … see other reviews at here.
Cons: it’s heavy, the blade change is a little bit of a problem especially the bottom end…
#7. Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
- Traditional guard and riving knife system allows unlimited capacity for cross and rip cuts
- Lightweight and compact. Easy to carry anywhere
- Sets up in seconds to cut wood, tile, plastic, metal and aluminum
- Uses standard t-shank jigsaw blades
- Adjustable Miter Gauge for 0 Degree to 60 Degree angled cuts, right or left
Pros: this is a really handy little saw, good saw for the home craftsman, needs a very small workspace, it has an easy change blade system, the cutting guard does a good job at surrounding the cutting area, the motor seems beefy enough for cutting thicker and harder materials, cuts wood effortlessly, makes small cuts very easy, cuts cleanly and quickly, the dust collector is a must for working in your house… hereto read more.
Cons: it is not perfect but close enough, it can’t vary the speed of the blade…
#8. WEN 3920 Variable Speed Scroll Saw With Flexible LED Light, 16”
- Variable speed goes from 400 to 1600 strokes per minute
- Cuts wood up to 1.9 inches thick with a 16-inch throat depth
- Spacious 16 by 10 inch table bevels up to 45 degrees to the left for angled cuts
- Cast iron body provides a stable base with limited vibration
- Includes air pump, flex light, dust port, foot lock clamp, and two blades
Pros: outstanding customer service, good saw for the money, easy to setup and use, the plain end blades are easy to change out and hold in place very well, variable speed, not too much vibration, takes both pin and pinless blades, LED light works very well… here to see something more.
Cons: blades aren’t very easy to switch out, the blower is not very powerful…
#9. Dremel MS20-01 Moto-Saw Variable Speed Compact Scroll Saw Kit
- Dust port adapter keeps line-of-sight clear and work space clean
- Auto tensioning quick-change mechanism for easy accessory change and optimal blade tensioning
- Detachable coping function for handheld use to take the tool to the work piece
- Variable-speed control for optimal cutting in a variety of materials
- Fast-clamp base attaches to various tables, benches and surfaces
- Blue edge guide locking levers illustrated on packaging are not included in the kit and do not affect performance of the tool
Pros: fast shipping, the price is reasonable for a multipurpose tool, much more versatile, sweet little saw set up, it great for hobbist, works nice on small jobs, works well for wood model ling jobs, very light and pretty much made completely out of plastic, portable and table use are very accurate… to read more click here.
Cons: this is loud, limited to 1/4″ thick softwood …
Scroll Saw Blades
So you’ve found the ideal scroll saw but don’t forget your scroll saw blades. We like brands such as Olson, Skil, Flying Dutchmen & Bosch for our scroll saw blades.