What is the best Hammer Drill on the market? It is so difficult to choose the best one while there are so many Hammer Drills are available. In here, you can find our several reviews on Hammer Drills which can help you to make the right decision.
Best Hammer Drill Reviews of 2017
#1. Makita XPH12R 18-Volt Cordless Hammer Drill Kit
- Power – Makita BL Brushless motor delivers 530 in.lbs. of Max. Torque, and handles concrete, wood or metal
- Control – 2-speed all metal transmission, easy mode shift and 2 built-in L.E.D. lights
- Comfort – with ergonomic grip
- Perfomance – LXT Li-Ion batteries charge in 30 minutes, run longer and deliver 2.5X more cycles
- Includes – Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries, rapid charger and case
Pros: it works & handles very well, you could use this drill all day without being fatigued, powerful drill, high torque, comes with two lithium ion batteries, having extra batteries would reduce the down time between charges, fast Battery re-charge time, nice grip and weight, fit and finish are superior, the electric brake stops the motor quickly, long lasting battery, speed and the outside finish is beautiful, it will deliver for years to come, highly recommend for anybody … click here to read more.
Cons: Not quite as much torque as the BHP454 …
Highly Recommended !!!
#2. Bosch RHH181-01 18-Volt SDS-plus Rotary Hammer Drill Reviews
- Pneumatic Hammer Mechanism: Bosch engineered for maximum performance, lifetime and efficiency
- Innovative Brushless EC Motor: Same power, but smaller and lighter weight with higher efficiency, less maintenance and longer life
- 3-Mode Selector: Rotary hammer, rotation only and now with chisel
- Electronic Motor Protection (EMP): Protects motor from overload damage
- A contender for best rotary hammer drill, as it is quiet compared to others
- Electronic Cell Protection (ECP): Provides 2X battery life by preventing overheating in tough applications
Pros: lightweight, a rock solid product, very well engineered, comes with 2 batteries, drill is a beast, for light duty drilling this is overkill, the depth setting gauge adjusts very quickly and easily, this hammer drill operates at up to 1400rpm and drilled through the cement with ease, drills x times faster than other corded, drill 1/4″ and 3/8″ holes through 4″ thick concrete pads, it is quiet relative to most hammer drills … here to see more reviews.
Cons: not the cheapest but worth it if you are looking for the best rotary hammer drill & can afford it probably the top choice of our hammer drill reviews for the serious contractors. …
Highly Recommended !!!!!
#3. DEWALT Bare-Tool DCH253B 20V Rotary Hammer Kit
- SHOCKS- Active Vibration Control significantly reduces vibration and increases user comfort
- 1.7 ft-lbs impact energy provides corded power without the cord
- LED worklight provides increased visibility in confined spaces
Pros: affordable, the 20-volt tool is far better, a wonderful addition to anyone in need of portable hammer drill, very small in size, perfect for ceiling grid work, works great for tearing out tiles, like a hot knife going through butter, lots of power xtremely convenient, anti-vibe feature is great, with the 5 amp batteries charge seems to last all day … see more reviews at here.
Cons: would be better if it had an adjustable chuck …
Highly Recommended !!!
#4. Bosch HDH181-01 18-Volt Heavy Duty Hammer Drill
- 4-Pole High Performance Motor – For maximum power in the most compact size
- New Patented Gear Train and Clutch – Enables most compact design in its class and lightest weight
- Flexible Power System – Both DD and HDD are compatible with every 18V Li-ion Bosch battery
- Ergonomic Grip Zone – Smallest diameter in market enables better gripping and greater comfort
- New Ergonomic Design – Modified orientation relative to handle increase comfort
Pros: great performance and ergonomics, good battery life, the charger is very fast, excellent drill for tough jobs, comes in a nice hard case as well, the metal chuck is a nice improvement, it is light enough to be comfortable after long use, solid all metal chuck with progressive locking action, install 1/2″ and 5/8″ wedge anchors set about 4-5″ into concrete with no issues, built to last and last … here to read other reviews.
Cons: it has only 2 speeds …
#5. DEWALT DCD795D2 20V Compact Hammer Drill Kit
- DEWALT brushless motor for up to 57% more run time than brushed
- Compact and lightweight for tight areas
- 2-speed settings for improved speed and torque control
- Metal 1/2-inch ratcheting chuck
- LED light with 20 second trigger release delay
Pros: it’s real handy, compact and lightweight, well balanced and easy to handle, high-quality mid-range drill, powerful and dependable, light weight and has a good grip feel, plenty strong for any jobs, it works great when drilling into brick, 2 batteries last so long, great torque and long lasting battery, the LED light is very helpful for dark areas, it comes with the belt clip … read here for more on the newer DCD796D2 model.
Cons: someone complained slower charger is included …
#6. Bosch HDS181-02L 18-Volt Hammer Drill
- Features 4-pole high performance motor for maximum power in a compact size
- New patented gear train and clutch enables compact design and light weight
- Flexible power system (DD and HDD) are compatible with every 18-volt Li-Ion Bosch battery
- Ergonomic grip zone enables better gripping and greater comfort
- Includes L-Boxx-2 for easy stack-able storage
Pros: it arrived on time, great drill for the money, comes with a very nice case, great for a home handyman, the tool is very light weight, the smaller batteries make using this unit very comfortable, near perfect balance in your hand, the LED on the front is super handy, the batteries last a long time, charges fast with lots of torque … see other reviews at here.
Cons: this comes with only 110v, quality drill but a little heavy …
#7. Milwaukee 2604-20 18V Cordless Hammer Drill
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor: Delivers up to 725 in-lbs. of torque with maximum sustained torque to complete the toughest of applications
- REDLITHIUM Battery Technology: Superior pack construction, electronics, and performance deliver more work per charge and more work over pack life than any battery on the market
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: The most advanced system of cordless power tool electronics. Provides optimized performance and overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery and charger
- Please note: Battery and Charger Sold Separately
Pros: fast delivery, compact design and lighter weight is great, lots of power, very long battery life, less expensive, it easily drills 7/8″ ship arbor holes in wood for electrical rough in on small jobs, the variable speed control is very smooth and responsive, hammer function works great for hard to drive screws, its very balanced and comfortable to hold … here to read more.
Cons: …Milwaukee 2706-20 M18 FUEL with ONE-KEY 1/2in Hammer Drill/Driver might be a better choice for the price.
#8. DEWALT DCD995B 20V Hammer Drill Bare Tool
- DEWALT-built high power, high efficiency brushless motor–650 unit watts out (UWO) max power
- 3-speed, high performance (0-2,000 RPM) all-metal transmission
- 0-34,000 BPM for fast drilling in masonry materials
- LED light with 20 second trigger release delay
Pros: delivered on time, the drill is a little lighter & about 3/4″ shorter, very controllable, the operation is very smooth, great to add to your 20-volt set-up, the power increase of the brushless motor can be felt, battery lasts a long time, works great with 5 AH batteries … here to see something more on the newer model the DCD996B.
Cons: the drill limits the torque …
#9. Skil 6445-02 7.0-Amp 120-volt 1/2-Inch Hammer Drill
- Powerful 7.0-Amp Motor with hammer function for tough applications including masonry
- 1/2-Inch Keyed Chuck to accept large diameter bits designed for woodworking and cutting
- Side-assist Handle for controlled, accurate drilling
- Variable Speed Trigger lets you control drilling speed,2-Finger Trigger with Lock-on for increased control
- Considered the best corded hammer drill by some users.
Pros: awesome drill for the price, great value for money, big results from a small drill, worked great in hammer mode for 5/8″ holes in concrete, makes quick work of concrete, cuts through concrete like butter, light and easy to use, the chuck seems of adequate quality, no more screwing around … to read more click here.
Cons: it is a little heavy, but heck for this price could be the best corded hammer drill you buy..…
Highly Recommended !