What is the best Drill Press on the market? It is so difficult to choose the best one while there are so many Drill Presses are available. In here, you can find our several reviews on Drill Presses which can help you to make the right decision.
Best Drill Presses of 2017
#1. Powermatic PM2800B 1792800B Drill Press, 18-Inch Drill Press Reviews
- Mechanical variable speed allows for full range of speed with no belt changes
- 6″ of quill travel with one revolution of the handle
- Fence system adjustable for a perfect 90 degree relationship to the table, for rapid alignment of stock
- Adjustable material stop makes repetitive actions accurate and quick
- A digital RPM readout allows user to optimize the spindle speed to the application
Pros: shipping quickly, well packaged, good technical service, easy assemble, excellent drill press machine, the table and fence are very sturdy, it has a lot of great features, run smoothly, less noise, changing speeds is very easy as spinning a wheel, you’ll like a variable-speed drill press, the ranging from 250 to 3,000 rpm, bright two LED lights in front and back of the chuck light up the work area well, crosshair lasers make pinpoint accuracy possible … click here to read more.
Cons: it is quite heavy, the table doesn’t have slots to bolt down a drill press vise …
#2. Delta 18-900L Laser Drill Press, 18-Inch Floor Drill Press Reviews
- Provides a full 16 drilling speeds (170 – 3,000)
- Full 6-inch quill stroke for best-in-class capacity
- Oversized woodworker’s table bevels 0-90 degrees left and right
- Dimensions: 20 by 70 by 28 inches (W x H x D); 5/8-inch key chuck capacity
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
Pros: free shipping, comes in two very well packed, beautiful rugged piece of well-designed machinery, quality machine right out of the box, working as advertised, the huge table is rock solid and easily adjustable, very slick way of quickly changing the belt speeds, the laser really helps with getting the drill exactly, bright LED work light is very modern, smooth running, less noise and vibration in operation, easy to assemble… here to see more floor drill press reviews
Cons: there were a few plastic parts, one of the laser beams is fuzzy …
Highly Recommended !
#3. JET 354170/JDP-20MF Floor Drill Press, 20-Inch
- 20-inch floor drill press with a powerful 1.5 hp motor
- Smooth-traveling table raises and lowers at the turn of a crank to exactly where you need it
- 12 spindle speeds ranging from 150-4200 rpm; 3/4-inch chuck
- Built-in work light; drill chuck and key included
- Weighs 288 pounds; 2-year warranty
Pros: excellent customer service, top notch delivery service, packed very well, outstanding drill press for the money, looks great, its powerful, high accuracy work, heavy duty drill press with a huge 1-inch chuck, the pulleys and body are heavy duty, large base for stability, performs as expected, handle most jobs that you would do, the table has plenty of grooves to bolt a vise down, quiet and smooth, long lasting, it worth every penny … see more reviews at here.
Cons: it does not have a quill lock, it very heavy…
Highly Recommended !!!
#4. WEN 4227 Variable Speed Floor Standing Drill Press, 17-Inch
- 4-inch stroke makes drilling through 4×4 boards easier than ever
- Adjust the variable speed anywhere from 180 RPM to 2940 RPM
- Includes a built-in work light, a precision laser, a 5/8 inch chuck, and onboard chuck key storage
- 14-inch by 14-inch cast iron work table pivots up to 45 degrees in both directions
- Backed by a 2-year warranty, a friendly customer service line and a nationwide network of skilled technicians
Pros: affordable price, awesome customer service, it is quiet and steady, very nice drill press for the price, 2/3 HP strong motor, overall the build quality is good, works well for a small shop, it runs very smooth with no wobble at the chuck, adequately powered for most tasks, variable speed is amazing, the speed indicator & lever work great, clear instructions, real easy to assemble … here to read other reviews.
Cons: There are none for this bigger version of the Wen 4225 …
#5. JET 354165 JDP-15M Bench Drill Press, 15-Inch
- Bench mount drill press with 16 speeds ranging from 200 to 3,630 RPM
- Crank-operated, rotating worktable tilts up to 45-Degree; full 10-by-13-Inch work surface
- 3/4 HP 115/230-Volt motor; 15-Inch swing; adjustable tension spindle return spring
- Includes 5/8-Inch drill chuck and key; built-in work-light (bulb not included)
- Measures 31-by-13-by-39-1/2-Inch (Length by Weight by Height); weighs 150-Pound
Pros: best home shop bench top drill press, its very dependable and reliable machine, hard to beat at any price, great capacity and power, the fit and finish of the parts is excellent, table is flat and locks down tight, setting the drill speed is intuitive, fairly easy to adjust belts for speed, it runs very smooth, the drill vibrates quite a bit when running, it is very accurate with minimal run-out, light is well placed and very handy, depth stop is simple …. here for more.
Cons: the chuck is not so great, the spring pin on the chuck key is very annoying …
Highly Recommended !!
#6. Shop Fox W1668 Bench-Top Drill Press, 13-Inch
- Shop Fox W1668 3/4 HP 13-Inch Bench-Top Oscillating Drill Press
- Tilting Table for Versatility of Applications
- Oscillating Feature for Sanding Operation
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110V, 1,725 RPM
- Dust port size: 2-1/4-inch
- 12 Speeds: 250-3,050 RPM
- Table: Round 12-3/8-inch diameter
Pros: good price, best buy for the money, it made from pretty good materials, right size for small space, the sander is a very good extra, this performs well and powerfully, accurate, no wobble, smoothly with no strange noises, the oscillating sanding drum feature is very handy, easy to follow manual, setup and installation is relatively easy … see other reviews at here.
Cons: changing the speeds by moving the belts to different size pulleys is not so easy …
#7. Rockwell RK7033 Shop Series Drill Press, 10-Inch
- 6.2-Amp and 2/3 HP motor for dependable performance
- 5-speed settings for best results in metal, wood and plastic
- Table bevels 45-degrees right and left
- Rack and pinion table height adjustment
- Keyed safety switch prevents accidental starting
Pros: good solid drill press, very well constructed, the table surface is well made, the motor operates smoothly and quietly with very little vibration, capabilities available due to the multiple speed, good drill press for any lover of wood, metal or plastic … here to read more.
Cons: check the packaging incase the chuck key may be missing …
#8. SKIL 3320-01 120-Volt Drill Press, 10-Inch Benchtop Drill Press Reviews
- 3.2 amp motor
- LaserX2 2 Beam Laser System
- Depth Adjustment System
- 5 Speeds – 570 – 3,050 RPM
- 0-45 degrees left and right tilting work surface
Pros: delivery was quick, cheap – at this price you can’t go wrong, great little drill press, small enough for someone to handle easily, it works ok for home use, good enough for a moderate user, works great for the light work, the laser is a really nice touch, convenient on/off switch, tis is one steady, quiet, precision machine … here to see something more.
Cons: NONE that we can think of …