What is the best Planer on the market? It is so difficult to choose the best one while there are so many Planers are available. In here, you can find our several reviews on Planers which can help you to make the right decision.
Best Planers of 2017
#1. JET – JWP-208HH Helical Head Planer, 20-inch
- Heavy-duty cast iron and steel construction for added strength and durability
- Two-speed gear box with automatic chain tensioner lets you adjust the feed rate to meet your needs
- Large, cast iron, precision ground table for precise workpiece support
- Powerful 5 HP TEFC induction motor with three V-belt transmission for smooth and consistent power
Pros: fantastic and worth every penny, the helical knives are incredible, the finish with the helical heads is excellent, this thing is unbelievably quiet and very smooth, it very handy and accurate, the cast iron infeed and outfeed tables are great and machined very well, this planer is spitting out boards at a crazy speed, 5 year warranty … click here to read more.
Cons: expensive but the ability to make nice furniture from rough-cut boards is well worth it …
#2. JET 708476 Model JJP-12HH Planer, 12-Inch Planer Reviews.
- Helical cutterhead with indexable carbide inserts for a superior finish and quieter cut
- Parallelogram design keeps the table close to the cutterhead for improved finish and allows for precise depth of cut adjustments
- Extra large aluminum extruded fence with centered controls for quick adjustments
- Extremely quick changeover between jointing and planning functions. Fence does not need to be removed
- Powerful 3 HP induction motor easily handles the toughest jointing and planning tasks
Pros: quick delivery service, it takes up less space, very good fit and finish on machine, it has the weight and solid feel of a pro grade cast iron tool, no worries about tear-out and no worries about changing blades, the fence has worked perfectly, very fast switch between jointing or planing modes, quiet operation and adequate chip control, the 12″ width is wonderful because no more hassle with boards too wide for the jointer… here to see more reviews.
Cons: pretty hot when running for a long time …
Highly Recommended !!!
#3. DEWALT DW735X Two-Speed Planer Package, 13-Inch
- Powerful 15 AMP, 20,000 RPM motor (10,000 RPM cutterhead speed) handles larger cuts in wider materials with ease
- Three knife cutter-head delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two speed gear box allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chips off of the cutter-head and exhausts them out of the machine
- Includes infeed and outfeed tables and an extra set of knives
Pros: fast shipping, good service, this is a great addition to our professonal woodworking tools, the quality of finish is exceptional, absolute great planer at reasonable price, all the controls and settings are pretty straight forward and within easy reach, feeds the boards through nice and smooth, with a 3 knife planer you get such smooth finishes you can almost do away with the sanders, very smooth results, the dust collection exhaust is fantastic… see more reviews at here.
Cons: this one can do the work but you won’t be happy with all the blade changes, it will not take more material off on one pass …
Highly Recommended !!!!
#4. Makita 2012NB Planer with Interna-Lok Automated Head Clamp, 12-Inch
- Compact and lightweight for easy transporting to the job site
- Fastest and easiest blade change system on the market; uses disposable double edge blades
- Quietest (83dB) planer in its class
- 4-post design and diagonal cross supports for stability
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
Pros: quality machine at good price, surpassed all expectations, this planer does a fantastic job, relatively quiet, the results of the different types of wood processed were very satisfactory, it planed a great surface, powerful and quite, no snipe if you feed properly and ample power for most tasks, the initial start-up very easy, blade setup is quick and easy… here to read other reviews.
Cons: the replacement blades are expensive …
#5. DEWALT DW734 15 Amp Benchtop Planer, 12-1/2-Inch
- Powerful 15-amp, 20,000 RPM motor handles larger, deeper cuts in hardwoods
- Three knife cutter-head with 10,000 RPM provides 96 cuts per inch, one of the finest finishes of any portable planer
- Disposible, reversible knives deliver 30 percent more knife life and make knife change fast and easy
- Four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes snipe
- Extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provide 33-1/2 inches of material support
Pros: delivery was fast, it doesn’t take up a lot of space, setting the planer for depth was quick and easy, the planner works very well, it planes hardwoods nicely, the cut measurements are perfect, very accurate, it actually takes a very nice thickness out per cut, leaves a pretty good edge, it will be a great addition to your shop or home … here for more.
Cons: it takes much longer to process harder woods but it will do well …
#6. Grizzly G0505 Planer, 12-1/2-Inch
- Maximum depth of cut: 3/32″
- Minimum board thickness: 13/64″
- Two double edged HSS knives in cutter head
- Cutter head RPM: 10 000
- Feed Rate: 32 FPM
- Number of cuts per inch: 52
- 2 HP 110V 15 Amps
Pros: priced right, worth every penny, greats for who need a small and accurate planer, didn’t have any detectable snipe, it does get the job done, no frills, quiet, solid, vibration free, powerful, smooth cutting, easy to setup, the depth gauge is accurate enough, overall satisfied with the performance of it … see other reviews at here.
Cons: maybe the feed rate is to fast …
Highly Recommended !!
#7. Delta Power Tools 22-555 Portable Thickness Planer, 13-Inch
- Powerful 15A motor capable of handling the demands of a small shop
- Four column design provides excellent stability for smooth, accurate planing over many years of use
- Quick-change knife system with dual edge disposable knives lets you change knives without difficult to use alignment jigs
- Adjustable infeed and outfeed tables to better support long pieces and reduce snipe
- Reversible dust port allows you to collect chips from the right or left side of planer
Pros: reasonable price, you can’t find a better machine at this price, perfect for hobbyists or small shop, boards turn out beautiful and so smooth, extremely rapid cut with 13″ blades, produces quality cuts with very little snipe, effective dust collector, no snipe whatsoever, the tools to replace the blades when the time comes are conveniently attached to the planer safely, 5 year warranty … here to read more.
Cons: it is much larger than one would expect, it is single speed feed …
Highly Recommended !
#8. Porter-Cable PC305TPR Benchtop Planer, 12-1/2-Inch
- Powerful 15 Amp motor for superior stock removal
- Quick change, two knife, solid steel cutter head mounted on ball bearings assures smooth operation and long life
- Double edged, high carbon steel, reversible knives for twice the cutting life
- Patented cutter elevation on four precision ground columns for superior cut stability
- Poly V belt cutter head drive with rugged gearbox/chain and sprocket feed roller drive for maximum power transfer
Pros: price is great for what you get, it is a good value for occasional planing jobs, quality is good, this planer for several hours straight with no problems, it gives a beautiful cut, the feed rollers worked great, the two blade system is really easy to change … here to see something more.
Cons: it’s a small benchtop planer so don’t expect to take off a bunch of material in one pass, adjusting the feed tables carefully will help minimize snipe…
#9. POWERTEC PL1251 15-Amp Planer, 12-1/2-Inch
- Index pin set-up for EZ blade replacement. No blade gauge requirement
- Four-column design for greater stability and accuracy
- Work piece return roller for assistance when planning extra long boards
- Side mounted carrying handles for portability
- Spindle lock for safe blade Change
Pros: great service, it works good, no problem with adjustments, plenty of power, it has the power to handle hardwood easily, nice finish, easy to sand out … to read more click here.
Cons: maybe a little bit of snipe, it did not come with a dust collector …