What is the best circular saw on the market? It is so difficult to choose the best one while there are so many Circular Saws are available. In here, you can find our several reviews on Circular Saws which can help you to make the right decision. Find the best circular saw here;
Best Circular Saws of 2017
#1. Makita 5402NA Circular Saw, 16-5/16-Inch
- Large capacity blade cuts 6-1/4″ at 90 degrees and 4-3/16″ at 45 degrees
- Weighs only 28.7 pounds for ease of operation
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Powerful motor delivers 1,800 max watts out
- Low noise level at only 87dB for quiet operation
- Blade stabilizer for stable blade rotation and superior cutting performance
- Large depth control lever for convenience and secure adjustments
- Large support handle for increased operator comfort and control
- Carbide tipped blade
Pros: Excellent saw for heavy timber construction, it surpassed your expectations, framed a roof with 6×10 cedar & makes a nice cut with 1 pass, cuts through the 6×12 logs and beams with ease, it has plenty of torque to cut full depth, it has a nice holder so that you don’t have to lay the saw down on the blade guard, someone noticed the blade never required re-sharpening, the 32 tooth stock blade is good for rough cuts, the electric brake stops the blade on a dime and the blade stablizer is wonderful, the balance is very good for such a big saw, accuracy is not a problem… click here to read more.
Cons: this saw is huge, it needs a good carbide blade to get good cuts…
#2. Big Foot SBFX BF Wormdrive Circular Saw, 10-1/4-Inch
- Has 3-3/4-inch depth of cut and will cut any 4-times the material in one pass
- Will cut 4-times the leaders, 2-times the sandwich leaders, and exposed beams
- Will cut roof blocks, joist blocks, and fire blocks
- Made by a framer for framers
- Uses a 10-inch thin kerf blade; comes with 77 Skil saw motor, 10-inch blade, and guard kit
Pros: tons of power, this big foot wormdrive circular saw great for carpenters and professional framers, never tried to cut anything small with this saw, cutting through 4x material in one pass really saves time and hassle, cuts through thick table sabs without bogging down, plenty of torque, weight is managable, the large cast foot keeps it very stable, clean and straight…… here to see more reviews.
Cons: this saw won’t help if you want to build that log cabin or timber frame out of true 4×4’s…
#3. Makita 5008MGA Magnesium Circular Saw with Electric Brake, 8-1/4-Inch
- DURABILITY – Magnesium components create a saw with less weight (10.6 lbs.) — that’s jobsite tough!
- POWER – 15 AMP motor delivers enough power to cut through the densest lumber
- EFFICIENCY – Quick change from 0° to 45° and back using positive stops
- PERFORMANCE – Electric brake for maximum productivity
- INCLUDES – Carbide tipped blade, rip fence and wrench
Pros: great power, pretty quiet, not too heavy, well-designed, it will cut a full 3 inches deep, cut depth to do a 6×6 in two passes, marked adjustments for depth, helps to reduce the number of cuts and improve the accuracy of the cuts, you also love the electric brake, well balanced and easy to use … here to read other reviews.
Cons: too much play in the baseplate and blade wobble, it does not ship with a case…
=> Purchase the Makita 5008MGA Magnesium Circular Saw with Electric Brake
#4. Skil HD5860 13 Amp 60-Degree Worm Drive Saw, 8-1/4-Inch
- Exclusive 60-Degree bevel feature with 8-1/4-Inch blade is ideal for angled cuts
- High torque 13-Amp motor – die-cast aluminum motor and gear housings for durability
- Oil indicator level and relief bellows for long life
- Precision-machined, durable worm drive gears for longer tool life
- Heavy gauge cord
Pros: great specialty saw for framers, the price was right, heavy duty for continuous use without a drop in performance, you will get the job done, slicing through 4×4 posts with ease, cuts through the 6x 6posts without a problem, slightly lighter weight, well made, blade from USA … here for more.
Cons: a free case wasn’t included, there are no adjustment stops for the 0 and 45 degree bevel …
#5. Milwaukee 6390-21 Tilt-Lok Circular Saw, 7-1/4-Inch
- 15-amp, 5,800 rpm, and 3-1/4-horsepower motor with spindle lock and quick-lock cord
- Locking, tilting main handle adjusts for comfort
- Aircraft aluminum shoe and soft-grip handle
- Kit includes 6390-20 saw, blade, wrench, and case
- 13-3/4 inches, 10.4 pounds
- 5-year warranty
Pros: Price and service were excellent, delivered in a very short time, solid saw, clean cut, light weight, comfortable in hand, well balanced, relatively quiet and smooth, the cut line is quite visible, great saw for anyone, the saw fits in the case after you adjust the saw depth, the motor is strong and cuts through the hardest woods with relative ease, it helps with accuracy of the cut… see other reviews at here.
Cons: this saw has no brake and takes a while to stop, the case is a giant and takes up way too much space …
#6. Makita 5377MG Magnesium Hypoid Saw, 7-1/4-Inch
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 4,500 RPM with compressed winding technology to keep the overall size more compact yet deliver jobsite durability
- Magnesium components create a lightweight saw (13.2 lbs.) that is well balanced and jobsite tough
- High quality, heat treated hypoid steel gears do not prematurely wear like traditional bronze-alloy worm drive gears
- Reinforced power cord withstands jobsite abuse
- 1-year warranty
Pros: reasonable price, good power, smooth and yet not noisy, great handling, very accurate and nice cuts, nice balance, good factory blade, blade never got bogged down, angle stop easy to set, levers have padded handles and lock down well, easy depth and angle adjustment, the blade left is easy to follow by right handed… here to read more.
Cons: this saw is too heavy for a smaller person, it torque twist quite so much at startup, no bag provided …
#7. DEWALT DWS535 Worm Drive Circular Saw, 7-1/4-Inch
- Lightweight 13.8 pound magnesium construction provides optimum user handling
- Durable cast magnesium footplate provides a tough and solid cutting platform
- Extra wide saw hook accepts material up to 2-1/2-inch wide
- Toughcord cord protection system provides 4X better cord jerk protection
- 53 degree Bevel capacity, Bevel detents at 22.5 degree and 45 degrees
Pros: Shipping and timeliness was good, arrived in good shape, price was right, exactly as described, very dependable, quiet operation, long lasting, i recommend this product for the DIY homeowner, it has a ton of power and cuts through concrete with ease, it’s super easy to use and cuts thru with a breeze, cuts wood like a hot knife through butter, quickly breakdown large sheet goods with this workhorse, nice wide rafter hook … here to see something more.
Cons: this saw does not have a safety switch, it is heavy…
#8. DEWALT DCS390L 18-Volt Cordless Circular Saw Kit, 6-1/2-inch
- 3,700 RPM for fast rip cuts and cross cuts
- 6-1/2-inch carbide tipped blade
- 0-50-degree bevel capacity for a multitude of applications
- Includes one XRP battery and 1-hour charger
- Three-year limited warranty; one-year free service
Pros: it arrived fast and in perfect condition, reliable and of high quality, powerful and very light weight easey to handle, great for most light duty cutting, the battery system is excellent, charges fast and works long, cut 2×6’s all day with only one battery change out, the automatic electric brake that stops the blade milliseconds after trigger-release, case is truly a great bonus and helps keep moisture away from blades … see more reviews at here.
Cons: Nothing bad to say about the product as of yet … One of our best circular saw suggestions!
Highly Recommended !!!
#9. Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Circular Saw, 3-3/8-inch
- Powerful 4.0 Amp mini-circular saw cuts a variety of materials including tile
- Slim, ergonomic design is easy to manage and maneuver
- Laser indicator helps align cuts
- Plunge cut indicators show exact position of blade entry
- Easy-to-set depth of cut indicator
Pros: fantastic mini saw, very handy saw, god-awful system, the tool is surprisingly quiet, it is light, accurate and the laser guide is fantastic, maximum cutting depth is 1-1/16″, it’s a powerhouse and making your job easier, its very safe on small pieces of lumber, it cuts clean with a deapth adjustment and keeps the home clean, it works great in cutting heavy plaster board… to read more click here
Cons: this is bigger and heavier than you might expect, it not big enough to cut through a 2×4, you can’t really see the blade…